ONLINE TRAINING SESSION
ANTIBOT: HOW TO EXPOSE INFORMATION MANIPULATION?
On 16 September 2019, Facebook deleted 168 accounts, 149 pages and 79 groups in its Ukrainian segment. Around 4.2 million FB accounts have been subscribed to at least one of the deleted pages. Among them were Znaj.ua, Politeka.net — media pages with the highest number of subscribers in the Ukrainian segment of Facebook. This is yet another proof that we are surrounded by fake news, bots, trolls, shady websites and groups on social networks aimed to manipulate us. Many of these have ties to the Kremlin.
How does one track bots and expose manipulations? What technical and intellectual resources are needed for this?You will receive the answers to these questions during the 6-day-long online training “Antibot: How to Expose Information Manipulation?” organised by Internews Ukraine.
When: 15-20 June 2020 (3 hours each day)
The online training will be focused on the methods of uncovering bots, fakes and manipulation campaigns (in particular, of Kremlin origin) based on the experience of Ukrainian and international experts.
- Robert van der Noordaa, a Dutch journalist, co-author of a study on the work of Russia's troll factory.
- David Stulik, senior analyst at the European Values Center for Security Policy
- Olena Churanova, journalist and fact-checker at StopFake.
- Roman Osadchuk, an expert at DFRLab, one of the authors of a study on the activities of Pragmatico PR-agency that ran the Facebook pages of Znaj.ua, Politeka, Hyser and other websites.
- Maksym Skubenko, VoxCheck project leader at VoxUkraine.
- Pavlo Belousov, an expert on digital security at DSS380/Internews-Ukraine.
We invite journalists from Georgia and Moldova, as well as analysts who work with propaganda- and disinformation-related issues.
The selection of participants is held on a competitive basis taking into account the candidate’s motivation and previous experience with the topic of propaganda and disinformation.
Deadline: Please complete the registration form by Wednesday, 10 June, 5:00 pm Kyiv time.
Participation in online training is free of charge.
For more information please contact Hanna Diomochka, +38 099 067 73 75, email: email@example.com.
The event is being implemented within the framework of the project "Sharing Ukrainian experience in building resilience to hybrid warfare" which is being implemented by NGO Internews-Ukraine with financial support from the NATO Information and Documentation Centre in Ukraine. The training will take place under the auspices of UkraineWorld initiative.